Friday, 8 August 2014

Rosebud

Back in March I had a good rummage in my WIP basket and found these unfinished socks. With the help of knowledgeable blog readers I was able to identify them as Rosebud Socks by Wendy Johnson.
With pattern and socks reunited I was resolved to get them finished and immediately got several pattern repeats under my belt. It felt very strange working with 2.25mm wooden needles and was convinced that they would break at every stitch but didn't want to change needles as in my experience, even a change to the same size needle in another medium can affect my tension so I pressed on!


However, after making some good progress I am afraid that they were set on one side again as other projects took priority. Finally, at the beginning of July I decided to join the 26 Pair Plunge on Ravelry as a way of encouraging myself to get my large pile of half finished socks off the needles, one way or another.

I'm pleased to say that it was the encouragement I needed to finish these pretty socks and they are now pair number 2 of my 26 pair target.


Once the rhythm of the pattern is established it is an enjoyable knit which I was able to finish relatively quickly. The Artist's Palette yarn is a pleasure to knit with and these socks will make a welcome addition to my sock drawer.


Only 24 pairs to go...

4 comments:

Frances said...

Jane, those rosy socks are so well knitted and beautiful. I must take a look over at Ravelry for that sock knitting challenge.

Have to admit, though, that I have an almost finished pair of socks languishing just a "toe" away from sock #2's completion. This Ravelry challenge might be a bit much for me.

But...aren't socks great fun to knit once you have discovered that turning a heel is not all that difficult.

Best wishes from New York.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Pretty as a picture.

jean x

Mairead Hardy said...

Jane, they are so pretty. Good luck in completing your 26 pair challenge!

RooKnits said...

Just lovely Jane. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is lurking half finished.