Monday, 21 January 2013

Creating Warmth

As the weather has become more and more wintry, how could I not find myself spending most of my spare time working away on my crochet blanket? As you can see it has grown rather a lot.
 
 
 
No longer portable, it has been lovely to come home, tuck my toes under the edge of it and add a few more rows. The only problem arises when I have to quickly turn it over for the next row without allowing too much cold air to get under it in the process.
 

 
 
I'm now working on the final few rows before I start adding the border.
 

 
But first there are rather a lot of ends to sew in....

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

I always crochet over my ends as I go - would that work for your edging? (Yes, I will do almost anything to avoid sewing in ends!)

Bernardeena said...

That is looking fantastic, so big and snuggly

Liz Benson said...

That looks lovely, good luck finishing it off.