Monday, 17 December 2012

Introducing the Glasgow School Mitts


I am very excited and a little nervous to bring you some news today. I have just released my first pattern for sale on Ravelry. May I introduce the Glasgow School Mitts. They were inspired by my visit to the Rennie Mackintosh Church in Glasgow where I was lucky enough to attend the Glasgow School of Yarn so, as Charles Rennie Mackintosh was a member of the Glasgow School it seemed an obvious choice.


 
The mitts can be knitted in any fingering weight yarn. The example above are knitted in Yarn Yard Toddy in Stormy Monday. The yellow version are made from Malabrigo Sock in Ochre. One pair of mitts only takes 50g of yarn so they are a very economical way of getting the most from a 100g skein or to take advantage of thoughtful sellers who market their yarn in 50g skeins, allowing us a more affordable treat in these difficult times.
 

Speaking of which I am delighted and honoured to tell you that my lovely friend Rachel who I taught to knit socks five years ago has gone from strength to strength and has not only tech edited this pattern but is running a giveaway on her blog of this pattern and a skein of yarn donated by another friend whose support I can always rely on, Natalie of The Yarn Yard so please go over to Rachel's blog and leave a comment - you might just be the lucky one. For us, this giveaway is a real celebration of our friendship and how we bring our skills together.

 
 
The pattern is also available for £2.50 from my Ravelry Shop here.

5 comments:

Susan said...

They are beautiful Jane.

LynS said...

What a great pattern. And it does echo Mackintosh's beautifully symmetrical designs. I hope there'll be more patterns to come!

Rose Red said...

Such a great pattern, I do love a good cable.

Claire said...

Gorgeous pattern..even though I shouldn't I am really thinking of buying it...I say I shouldn't because I probably will need more yarn......Hoping I win the blog-a-way!

Claire said...

Gorgeous pattern..even though I shouldn't I am really thinking of buying it...I say I shouldn't because I probably will need more yarn......Hoping I win the blog-a-way!