Friday, 9 November 2012

Are you a white sheep or a black sheep?

I was pottering around the garden this morning warming my hands around my first cup of coffee of the day when I thought you might like to see my favourite mug. I like a mug which is large, solid and robust with a nice big handle you can really get hold of. My tastes are usually for quite plain, graphic styles but you can understand why I was seduced by this one. 
 

The mug is by Jennie the Potter who has created a sheep motif that is simple but fun and characterful without being  too cute or sentimental.I also like the way that you can really see the artist's hand in the piece with the way the image is carved into the clay. I bought it when I visited the New York Sheep and Wool Festival at Rhinebeck three years ago so it also reminds me of the wonderful time I had there.

But the best thing of all about it is whilst you might think the mug is covered in white sheep, I know there is a black sheep on the other side.


Do you have a favourite mug?

No comments: