Thursday, 13 August 2009

Abysmal photography

Despite my lovely new camera, there is one sort of photography that I just can't seem to get right - cardigans and jumpers. Here, finally, after a stern talking to and another trip to the blockers I can reveal my new yellow cardigan in all its limp and shapeless glory!
You'll have to believe me when I say that it's really a very perky little three quarter sleeved cardi that makes me feel like one of these ladies when I wear it over my little black dress.

So much so that I had to invest in a pair of these....
and another gratuitous shot just to takes your mind off the knitting....


Of course I know what you are going to say - let's see the outfit! Well, I think it's going to take the help of a lovely assistant or the revolutionary step of reading the manual entry on self timing and a few more weeks off the pies before I subject you to that sort of apparition....
For those not completely mesmerised by the shoes the cardigan stats are as follows. Yarn, coned Elsbeth Lavold (allegedly) Silky Wool from Coldspring Mill, in an unnamed but very cheerful yellow. Pattern, Knitting Pure and Simple Top Down Tie Fronted Cardigan modified for three quarter sleeves and addition on eyelet pattern from Barbara Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns.

10 comments:

Panhandle Jane said...

What an attractive and cheerful sweater! The eyelet panels make it really special.

Stephanie V said...

Sure is hard to concentrate after seeing those shoes. But, the sweater is lovely. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has trouble taking garment photos that look good.

LittleBerry said...

WOW!

Those shoes are something else... The cardigan looks lovely though and is a good match for the shoes to complete the ensemble...

mise @ pretty far west said...

Lovely and dainty - just the sort of thing I'd wear over a tea-dress.

Anna said...

It's gorgeous! I love the colour, and oh those shoes are amazing.

theyarnyard said...

I hope you are going to wear those to the Plinth tomorrow morning...

Linda said...

Thats a lovely sweater, I think it would look lovely photographed on! Fab shoes, again.

Rose Red said...

Oh I love it!! Another blog mentioned yellow high heeled sandals as the perfect way to summer up a black dress - and I think it works equally well for autumn and/or winter! (ie in terms of brightening up black) - what a fabulous outfit this will be!

kathryn said...

What a lovely cardi! I love the Knitting Pure and Simple patterns, top down is definitely the way to go.

It's a gorgeous colour too - and will be stunning over an ?lbd.

RooKnits said...

It is a gorgeous cardi - even though I had to see it sans shoes!