Monday, 6 July 2009

The Lady Vanishes

Woolfest is a real treasure trove.You never know what you might come across. I was rummaging on a vintage stall and came across this collection of pieces of polished wood.


Which came together to form a beautiful set of vintage shoe lasts.I love the colour of the wood and the scars and signs of use on them if you look closely.
Of course, when I finished the Ribbed Ribbons socks I had to try them out.

They aren't quite long enough to accommodate my usual leg length but they give the foot such an elegant shape and really show off the lace stitches.
With a new camera and some new toys one thing leads to another....


Is the lady hidden in the lavender?

Or is something a little more sinister afoot?

16 comments:

Jane said...

LOL! Great pictures, Jane and I love that sock pattern.

Cornflower said...

I love it!

Rose Red said...

I'm very envious of your shoe lasts, they are gorgeous. Not to mention the socks, which look fantastic!

Love the pictures!

Bells said...

oh what a clever post. I love it! What a find!

Pat said...

Oh you lucky thing - I've been looking for a pair of those for ages. Lovely socks too.

Auntie Noo said...

LOL! - excellent photos, and lovely socks

RooKnits said...

That last picture is a little freaky! However they are lovely socks.

Ice Princess said...

Great socks fantastic pictures!!!!!

Linda said...

LOL! Thye rae lovely things aren't they, wood is special in the way it changes over time.
Love the socks too.

tea and cake said...

eek, looks like there's been a murrder!
I do love the lasts and the socks, though.

Rachel A said...

Brilliant! I love the last 'Ding DOng the Witch is Dead' shot

Hannah said...

You crack me up!

sussexyorkie said...

Wish I'd seen those lasts! They are a perfect foil for your lovely socks.

Suse-the-slow-knitta said...

what a find!!

beanz said...

I love the pics.

And the socks :>)

Anni said...

Cool pics.