Sunday, 1 February 2009

A fine week's work

Thanks to everyone for your kind responses to my design mishaps. For me, it's important that this blog is a genuine record of the triumphs and disasters of my knitting life rather than a sanitised showcase of the best bits.

Mind you, today's post is much more fun to write. I put the finishing touches to my Hoodie-in-a week and here it is in all its glory.


In fact, I've already worn it once! On Saturday morning my friend Alan called and asked if I fancied going to see Oliver! up in town. Not only was I going to get a chance for a fine evening's entertainment and a good chat with an old friend I had a golden opportunity to wear the outfit I had seen in my mind's eye when I started knitting - brown boots, long denim skirt and my new hoodie plus my new Selbuvotter for good measure.

Our seats were right at the back of the upper circle. Neither of us is abnormally tall but there just wasn't enough legroom. Add to that being surrounded by people who spent all their time chatting and eating a very rustly picnic of boiled sweets I'm afraid we sneaked away after the interval. Even though it was very chilly, we settled down at an open air cafe on the Covent Garden Piazza drinking warming Irish coffees and listening to the busker. I felt like a knitwear advert.

Observant readers may have noticed that I haven't used the winner of the button ballot. That is because I am an idiot. I neglected to check whether they fitted through the button hole first...This is the only one that fitted but I have rather fallen in love with it's old fashioned quaintness.

Which is a good job as I still have one or two left....


If anyone would like a couple just let me know.

7 comments:

RooKnits said...

That really is the perfect button for the jumper. It is fabulous and I can't believe you finished it in a week... wow!

tea and cake said...

What a lovely, happy post! I can just picuture you in your outfit, and I would wear that, too!
I would love a button or two, if you've a mind to send any off. Thank you.

dreamcatcher said...

The hoodie looks wonderful and I just love those buttons!

I think you went to the same performance of Oliver! as Stephen Fry actually - he was most unimpressed at the rustling chattering masses!

Bells said...

oh it's perfect and I love the notion of being a knitwear advert. Those buttons are sooo lovely!

franney said...

I voted for the "other" button but that one looks perfect! Just the right amount of quirkiness ;o)

Lou said...

I really love this hoodie! And knitting it in a week is extra impressive :-)

Katie said...

Those buttons are absoloutley adorable! I love them! :)


----
http://www.knit1pearl1.webs.com
Knitted baby wear & toys