Sunday, 18 January 2009

One armed thief of time

Well here we are on day 4 in the land of Nothing Better to Do Than Try and Knit a Jumper in a Week and it seems we have a sleeve. Just the one...


I have formulated a theory about sleeves. Somehow thy manage to take the knitter through a wrinkle in the space time continuum whereby for every three rows you knit, only one actually shows on the garment, the other loops are spirited away to provide the energy to form nebulae and galaxies in far off realms of the universe. This is the only way I can account for my sore fingers.

In an effort to restore my spirits I had a rummage in my button collection as I am soon going to have to make a decision about the button to use at the collar. Most of these are vintage, either Bakelite, stone or wood. I believe I know which one I want - what do you think?

I'd better get back to my knitting as I haven't made the progress I wanted to today and there's only an hour or so till bedtime. I was further reminded today of how distractable I am when it comes to deadlines, even frivolous self imposed ones like this as all of a sudden when deeply involved in sleeve decreases I had a burning desire to hand wash 19 pairs of socks and a jumper.

I really should get out more...

15 comments:

RooKnits said...

I love the yarn... I can't believe you can knit all of that in a week. I vote for bottom right on the button front, but am very taken with bottom middle too.

LynS said...

What a beautiful colour...I feel something in misty lilac-grey coming to some knitting near me. My vote also goes to bottom row, far right button.

franney said...

Such speedy knitting!! Good luck with your self-imposed challenge, it looks like you're going to make it!

I'm also a bottom-row-far-right girl, it just looks "right" to me :oD

Good luck with your hoodie-in-a-week challenge!

*hugs*

Elizabeth said...

Either the top middle button or the bottom right one get my vote!

natalie said...

Bottom right for subtlety, top right for shape and quirkiness.

Can I just ask... how many pairs of hand-knitted socks do you own? Was that the entire collection?

Suse-the-slow-knitta said...

in the words of Nemo's pal Dory, "just keep swimming ,just keep swimming", and the sleeve will bedone
I vote for the button on the top row, in the middle.

Knit Nurse said...

Definitely top right button for me because it is kooky but in a very subtle way!

ambermoggie said...

looking good:) I'd go for the top left I love the contrast

Aknita said...

I would go for either the bottom left or bottom right buttons.

Kathy said...

I vote for the bottom right button, too. It just seems to be The One. You totally rock just for trying to get a sweater done in a week! Hope you manage to do it.

Joan said...

Bottom right!

tea and cake said...

top middle button for me - it just jumped out at me!
Good luck with the jumper in a week project.

HeyYeah said...

I agree withthe bottom right people. It's a lovely colour!

Rosie said...

That sweater's looking good. I'm a bottom right person, too (so to speak!)

LittleBerry said...

It's a lovely jumper and a lovely colour... might just have inspired me to do one of those at some point....