Saturday, 13 December 2008

Surprise!

Gracious! Is it really this long since I last blogged? I knew it had been a while when I started to get anxious messages from friends and regular readers asking if everything is OK. Regular readers.... I am very proud and a bit bashful to be able to say that - and very happy to be able to say that yes I'm fine and thank you so much for your concern and I'm very sorry it has been so long.

It's been a combination of lots of challenging things going on at work, a couple of weekends away which I will tell you all about in my next post together with it being the time of year when if I'm away at the weekend I have no chance whatsoever of finding any natural light to photograph anything as I leave for work in the dark and come home in the dark.

Anyway, less excusifying and more knitting I hear you cry so, anxious as I am not to disappoint I have got some rather exciting news to share with you.

You may have seen that Gerard Allt from Iknit has just brought out a book.



I popped into Iknit the other day and bought my copy which Gerard kindly signed for me.

He also asked me to sign his copy! Yes, I have had my first pattern published in a real live book! Look! Count the exclamation marks!!

Allow me to introduce the Hearth and Home Mitts.

I am particularly amused by having them modelled by an apparently hunky man.

With a trowel that is clearly encountering dirt for the very first time.

We even have an artist's impression.

Huge thanks to Gerard for giving me a chance to take part in this great project. This is a great collection of patterns brought together in a warm and generous style. Do take a look if you get a chance.

I'll be back soon to let you know what I learned from Lucy Neatby and to show you why I was very glad of my warm knitwear when I visited my family in Wales. There may also be mitten progress photos....

10 comments:

natalie said...

I am proud to say you are my friend.
Well done, inadequate though it sounds...

Harriet said...

Nice to see you back! Great news about your pattern - I must look out for the book.
Looking forward to hearing about your weekend with Lucy Neatby.
My gloves are reaching a climax. Pics soon.

Auntie Noo said...

*Insert big huge clapping emoticon* YAY for you, a published pattern! WOW! tee hee :) Huge congratulations, they are lovely. (and I am giggling at that trowel!!)

franney said...

Jane, that is so awesome!! However did you manage to keep it so quiet??

Congratumalations luv!

*hugs*
fran x

Cornflower said...

I, too, was wondering where you'd got to so I'm glad your back, and with lovely news!

picperfic said...

my goodness, how exciting! Congratulations! I am totally jealous of all that went on that Lucy Neatby weekend!

Paula said...

Congratulations. Thats very exciting.

Kathy said...

How wonderful and exciting! Our Jane published in a book! Congratulations.

Lin said...

Wow, you are in a book! Well done and you deserve it. x

tea and cake said...

I am so hoping for Something to do with buying books to be in my Xmas stocking, so I can buy this.

Congratulations to you!