Friday, 28 November 2008

Modesty regained


I thought I'd just drop by to reassure anyone who might be concerned for the fate of my naked hot water bottle. As you can see, thanks to your helpful suggestions it is much more appropriately dressed for this inclement weather. In the end I went with this pattern as I really like the way it uses the ribbing to draw in the neck, doing away with the need for buttons or strings or whatever.

After working on the Komi mitts my eyes (and fingers) were really calling for something even more pared down and minimalist so I omitted the shaping at the bottom as well as the cable pattern. If I were in another mood I would use this shape as a base for all kinds of embellishment flights of fancy but as far as I am concerned, right now it suits my needs exactly.

And it matches my duvet cover. The yarn is Filatura De Crossa Primo in Teal knitted on 5.5mm Addi Turbos for those of you who enjoy the technical details.

I have to dash now as I'm on my way to Norfolk to meet up with a lovely group of knitters for a Sock Making Retreat with Lucy Neatby! Yes, I am very excited. And late.

3 comments:

yogicknitter said...

Glad you had the bottle to cover up! Teeee hee

Squiblet said...

I've been thinking of knitting a cover for my naked hot water bottle all week so thank you for asking for ideas, I'll be looking at them all now!

Lin said...

Thats nice, you will have toasty toes with it!