Sunday, 1 June 2008

Telepathy

Thanks to everyone for their comments about the children's' spinning. We had great fun. Grownups did get some time together too though. TutleyMutley asked whether my sister liked her Clapotis. Here is a little clue:

The fabric is from the top that Sue was wearing as she opened her present. I think she likes the colours...

And here are the socks that I finished while I was there together with a string of beads that Sue gave me.

I think we know each others' preferences quite well. To be quite honest it is very easy as we have very similar tastes so know that if we buy something that we like there is a very good chance that the other one will too.

I really do like this colour combination and I love the beads - we decided that they remind us of half sucked boiled sweets...

In between spinning lessons I got a few rows of knitting in. Florrie sat next to me and stroked the socks and asked several times 'Have you decided who is going to have these socks, Aunty Jane?' She then dropped into the conversation that the socks that I last made her are now too small...

How could I resist such petitioning?

Here is the first of a pair of Florrie sized socks in Yarn Yard Lochan in the appropriately named shade of Princess! And yes, I do have a pair of child sized blockers too!

And finally, I have been tagged by Lixie, Alice and Mandella so, here goes...

The Rules

Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1. What I was doing 10 years ago?

I was sitting on a Greek beach with a big stack of novels

2. What 5 things are on on my to-do list for today?

As little as possible...

See if any of the seeds I have planted have come up.

Survey my domain for slugs and snails

Finish writing up a pattern

Not to forget I am on call for work today

Study for my driving theory test

3. Snacks I enjoy

Savoury snacks are my downfall, especially cheese and onion crisps, wasabi peanuts and twiglets

4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire

The usual think of making sure my family and I are secure, buy that idyllic house with a studio that we all want then buy up every bit of unspoilt coastline and rain forest that I could to keep it safe for future generations.

5. Places I have lived

Newport, Isle of Wight

Shanklin, Isle of Wight

Belleville, France

Woodford Green, Essex

Newham, east London

6. Jobs I have had

Chalet cleaner

Waitress

Grape picker

Shop assistant

Book keeper

Barmaid

Music director for a bar (I made their mix-tapes!)

Manager of a charity

National Health Service manager

Knitting teacher and designer

7. I think I am probably one of the last people to complete this so I tag anyone who hasn't been tagged yet!

3 comments:

Mrs J said...

Its a sister thing! Just the kind of thing that would happen between me & my sister! Nice socks (both sizes!)

Queen of the froggers said...

I love the beads, its great that you are in tune with what each other like. Me and my sister aren't! The socks are nice, and how could you resist the plea for more from Florrie!

Anni said...

Wow, cute socks and gorgeous colours.