Thursday, 12 June 2008

Needles on fire

I know, with the last couple of posts you could be forgiven for thinking that not much knitting has been going on at Yarn Archive HQ. Nothing could be further from the truth. First off, here is something that I can show you in all its glory - the first of my scroll lace socks. I'm very pleased with these as the stitch pattern is simple but effective....and very very popular amongst designers it would appear!

Not only did Anne and I find ourselves knitting away on scarf and sock respectively on the plane back from Maryland and realising that we were using the same stitch pattern but I've since found a couple more designs, both using the same pattern. My favourite of the non sock designs has to be this cowl from Anni Designs. Isn't it lovely?

The rest of my knitting time has been taken up with a design project that isn't quite ready to share with you yet but it is an undertaking with all those features typical of a plan conceived after midnight which is staggering in its scope and genius but somewhat thin on practicality in the time available.

When has that ever stopped me? I'm pressing on regardless.

It may involve a little bit of this....

A generous slice of this....


Acres of these....A glimpse of this....

and an eyeful of this.

Must go - needles are calling.

PS Plans are coming together for the Tour de France Knitalong. I am Chef D'Equip for Team Credit Agricole which is taking shape nicely. There may still be places available so if you want to join in the fun pop over and sign up as soon as you can. It would be great to have you in my team.

I am mulling over ideas for a piece of lace for the event. Working title is 'Le Germolene'. Don't ask...

11 comments:

Suse-the-slow-knitta said...

what a fantastic pattern on the sock! love it , love it, love it!

Nikki said...

Your socks are beautiful and I can't wait to see what the little pictures go with!

Mandella said...

Le Germolene. Has to be 1) the colour or 2) the smell!

I want to go and knit scroll lace.

yogicknitter said...

I am so lovin the pattern on the blue. Can't wait to see the reveal on the other little gems. They made me feel quite hungry there was definately a cakey, ice creamy feel going on there for me.

picperfic said...

oooh I think you have been deigning some socks there...the stitches look amazing! Love the completed socks too!

Artis-Anne said...

Love the socks and the teasing pictures and look forward to seeing the results

Queen of the froggers said...

The scroll pattern is lovely, I like the cowl. Your knitting looks great, can't wait to see what it is all about!

Anni said...

thank you for linking to my Scrolls cowl. Love the Scrolls socks. Amazing what different effect you get knitting it as a sock. The other pics look fab too. some gorgeous colours.

Sarah said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.

Love the scroll lace pattern for socks.

K. said...

Those blue socks make me think of ocean waves. Perhaps if they were green, they would make me think of of a sea of grass. I will be interested to see what all the other pictures are!

K. said...

Those blue socks make me think of ocean waves. Perhaps if they were green, they would make me think of of a sea of grass. I will be interested to see what all the other pictures are!