Saturday, 12 April 2008

Thank goodness the sun is shining

Well, here I am back in London. If it wasn't sunny it would be a very depressing experience. Still, it is rather nice to be reunited with all my knitting and spinning things. I can definitely feel a spinning session coming on. I didn't realise how much I had missed it until I saw my wheel again.The alpaca fleece I was offered in Oz didn't quite make it to the house in time but will be there waiting for me on my next trip.

You may have noticed that I have gone back through my posts from Australia and added the relevant photographs.It seems to make more sense that way. I enjoyed how the lack of knitting progress made me depart from the usual subject matter of my blog. I need to think about how I will continue with this theme. I think travel will inevitably make its way in but there will always be fibre content.

Back to the knitting - I have finished the Noro socks.

There were times when I wasn't particularly enjoying them.The yarn has all the features that Noro's detractors cite - lumpy, stringy, annoying knots, inconsistencies, but having finished them, they're very pretty aren't they?

10 comments:

Squiblet said...

Your Noro socks are beautiful Jane, much nicer than you would imagine seeing the ball of yarn. I've liked reading about your Oz trip but it's better now there are pictures!

Queen of the froggers said...

Welcome back. It was good the sun was shining, we live in a very grey country here! I loved looking back through the pictures, especially seeing the trees over there. Enjoy your spinning.

Karen said...

Welcome home, Jane! It's good to see your pictures but it was fun following you on your travels with words alone.

celadon2 said...

Loved reading about your time in Australia, glad you are home safe.

K. said...

Those Noro socks are really pretty. I have been thinking about trying the Noro sock yarn. Now that I see it in action, I think I will. I really loved all your posts Australia. Can't wait to go peek at the pictures!

Mrs J said...

I have enjoyed reading about your travels. Any pictures to come? The socks look great -the noro sock yarn is very tempting. Thank you for your comment on my blog. The candle flame shawl doesn't officially have an edge. It may grow one. We will see.

LittleBerry said...

NIce socks... loved reading about your exploits and now with photos they're even better :o)

Nice to have you back thoguh

RooKnits said...

Welcome home. The Noro socks are indeed beautiful. As is the hat you made. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing how the pictures from your trip compare to those I imagined whilst originally reading your posts.

Mandella said...

Welcome home! I hope the memories of your lovely trip stay with you for a long time. Now I'm off to look at all those photos.

I love the socks, they're so bright and cheerful.

yogicknitter said...

Welcome back and I love the Noro socks. Those colours are fab. I want some.