Sunday, 2 March 2008

Miss Mattie says oops...

Just when I thought everything was going so well... there's a small typo in the Cranford Mitts pattern. I am very irritated with myself as I really wanted to do a professional job. I have corrected the pattern and sent it to Natalie so I am sure everyone will have a revised copy by tomorrow.

Mind you, I have been stunned by the fact that six people contacted me in the space of 24 hours to ask me about it. That means that at least six people have already started the mitts! Not only have they started, one person has actually finished and has very kindly allowed me to show you.


These mitts were knitted by Sussex Yorkie in Yarn Yard merino Sooty Cherry and Mysteron. Aren't they gorgeous?

The Mitts have also made their way into the world of podcasting with an appearance on Lixie Knits It which is one of my favourite podcasts. Do go along and have a listen, not least to hear of a quite hair raising event that she has lined up for her next show!

Back to the everyday goings on at Yarn Archive HQ...

Haven't my sock children grown? There's hardly room on the table for them. The good news is that the Undulating Rib socks are finished. The Natural Dye Studio alpaca merino makes a very fuzzy, dense sock which is heavier than you think. I finished the second sock by the skin of my teeth...

This is what I was left with.

So, it would appear that as far as my mental state is concerned we have had another victory for mild lethargy with the two extremes still battling it out for second place. I now need to find a moderately challenging sock to take the place of the Undulating Rib so I have decided that to ensure that I don't sink under a pile of unmatched socks I'll knit the mate to this one: the Moroccan Carpet sock.


But it's not all been about socks. I've now finished the body of the charcoal blob and have faced the hems with this subtle green, Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran in Meadow which I think gives the garment a little bit of a lift.Irritatingly I have just frogged an afternoon's work on the first arm hole as the sleeve was coming up much too puffy. More courageous decreasing is now underway!

On Friday I volunteered to work on the Knitting and Crochet Guild stall at the Stitching and Craft Show at the Excel Centre in London. It's the first time I have volunteered and it was fun promoting knitting to other crafters. To be quite honest, there wasn't a lot there to interest a knitter but one stall stood out; Silkwood who sell lovely hand dyed yarns. Look what followed me home...
Some lovely bulky yarn, almost a pencil roving. Just right for an instant gratification scarf project or perhaps it will make a good base for an attempt at art yarn.

And how could I resist this bunch of dyed locks to play with...

6 comments:

K. said...

That Moroccan Carpet sock is beautiful! I love the colors in it. You have been a very busy girl lately!

Queen of the froggers said...

Your socks look good. I have the yarn for my mitts so am glad to see a finished pair, she must knit at the speed of light!

Sussex Yorkie said...

At least we know you are human like the rest of us! Love the Moroccan Carpet sock.

natalie said...

I have sent out the fresh pattern this morning to everyone who had received it last week.

Are there going to be any other Miss Mattie accessories, I wonder?

n

Mrs J said...

Love Love Love the Moroccan Carpet Socks! This is BAD, such temptation!!!!!

picperfic said...

I'd quite like some dreadlocks just like that fleece! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for those girls in th eTV series either. I would love to knit some of those mittens...I'll go look at the pattern right away!