Thursday, 6 March 2008

Happy, happy, happy yellow socks

The yellow socks are finished!I have really enjoyed this project. Just to reiterate, they are Socks for Veronik from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2007 made in Oxford Kitchen Yarns blue faced Leicester sock yarn in gold. This is a lovely yarn for lace and the slight variegation in the dye job give the lace a lovely movement and texture.

What better way to tell yourself that spring is just around the corner than with a pretty pair of yellow lacy socks? Everyone should have a pair! So chuffed was I with these socks that I had to try them on immediately.

Here they are looking prim and elegant but maybe a little flirty with my red Dansko clogs.

A little more serious and schoolmarmy with the black ones.
How can anyone's wardrobe be without a pair of yellow socks? They go with...
..absolutely...
...anything.

15 comments:

Nikki said...

I love those socks!! and I really like how they look with your red shoes!

Queen of the froggers said...

They are fab, I do like your shoes too! I was thinking lacey too for my skein so thank you for your thoughts on the yarn

Sussex Yorkie said...

I liked these socks before you'd finished, I love them now. Must dig out some yellow and a suitable pattern.

Auntie Noo said...

Well I have to admit those socks are Cool!!!! - Love 'em.

LittleBerry said...

they're a great pair of socks and a nice cornfield gold :o)

nice to see someone else is like me find a pair of comfy shoes then get another pair the same in a different colour :o))))

RooKnits said...

Lovely lovely yellow socks. I've nearly finished my first Cranford Mitt and was thinking that stitch pattern would make fabulous socks. What do you think? I imagine they would look quite like the socks for VĂ©ronik...

Adrienne said...

Very cute!!!

suse said...

they look fab and very cosy, well done you!

picperfic said...

handmade socks just cry out to be shown off in some pretty clogs...I do love your red ones!

Anni said...

Gorgeous socks.

Mrs J said...

These are great. Its a lovely pattern to knit.

Mandella said...

Your shoes are considerably more interesting than mine!

kaet said...

Great socks, great shoes!

Bronchitkat said...

Having finally assembled the Cornish Meadow yarn from Fyberspates, & a set of 3mm dpns I knitted your Cornish Scallop socks. Only I knit them toe up so the pattern goes the other way!

They still look wonderful, & I love the colours so much.

Then, having quite a bit of wool left over, I studied the picture of your Cranford mittens . . . & knit up my own pair. Hardly Cranford at all in colour, but beautiful, & warm all the same.

'Spose I shouldn't go pinching ideas from the pictures you post, but your knitting is so inspirational, & I shall be fully crediting you in any pix.

Knitman said...

Really like these socks! Wouldn't suit me but still great socks! ;-)