Thursday, 4 October 2007

It's all gone Lime and Violet!

I had some very exciting news yesterday - my Bracket Fungus socks were featured on Lime and Violet's Daily Chum. I am quite speechless - which is unusual for me... I have only been blogging for six months and designing for about four so am constantly and warmly surprised at how quick the knit blogging community is to embrace and encourage new writers and designers. So today, quite coincidentally, everything in my world has gone Lime and Violet!

Today was a beautifully sunny early autumn day. Too warm to wear a coat but with enough coolness in the air to warrant a little something around the ribs to deal with any pesky draughts. Perfect weather for me to whip out what I still resolutely refer to as my Tank Top.

I am a child of the 70's after all and had an absolute eye burner of a stripy one that my mum made out of scraps from the bottom of her wool basket. This, rather more stately garment is one I made last winter from a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern, knit in the round to the armholes then divided for arm and neck. The yarn is Jo Sharp Merino DK which is a real joy to knit with; smooth sturdy, saturated. A real solid knitting experience. Of course, now I've worn this I am determined to add a few more to my wardrobe before the winter is out. This time something with a deeper vee and narrower shoulders as, much as I love this one, I would prefer a slightly more feminine silhouette.

What with launching my Bracket Fungus socks onto an unsuspecting public and receiving such warm and encouraging feedback, my mind is whizzing with all kinds of new ideas. It's at times like this when I need to steady myself down a bit and focus that a completely plain, simple stocking stitch sock in a lovely yarn that does all the work for you is called for.This is Wild Orchid from the Knittery which is, rather spookily, also Lime and Violet....

2 comments:

Nikki said...

how very cool!

littlelixie said...

Very well deserved!