Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Chasing the light

I like to take my photographs in natural light but with a combination of shortening days and long working hours I find myself having to grab whatever chances I can so this morning I rushed out into my wet garden clutching an armful of woolliness with five minutes to point and shoot.

The first Have you Checked Your Breasts sock is finished. Thanks to everyone for their kind and encouraging comments. There are a few adjustments that I want to make to the heel pattern so I will be getting cracking on the pattern in the next few days. I am aware, however that I may be in danger of getting a bit 'socked out' so I have been spinning.


I've plied the first 100g of the Lisa Souza merino silk roving. The photo really doesn't do the yarn justice and as for the silky softness... I just wish you could feel it. I was looking forward to getting started on the Lady Eleanor shawl when the extra two skeins of roving arrived. I was quite prepared for the roving to be slightly different as no two dye lots are the same but wasn't prepared for it to be quite this different...

Whilst some of the colours are consistent, the proportions certainly aren't. Mind you, the yarns tone beautifully so I know I can make a gorgeous shawl from it by alternating the colours on the entrelac tiers. The only snag being that I have to set about spinning up 100g of the second roving before I start. Impatient? Me? Of course!


It's been all spin, spin, spin in this house...

2 comments:

natalie said...

I think Jane's Probably Not Knitting today.
I think Jane's Probably Shopping at Ally Pally.
Am I right?

n

LittleBerry said...

socks look great and I love the yarn you're spinning....