Friday, 7 September 2007

Handspun Gelato


In the St Kilda suburb of Melbourne is a shop that sells some of the best gelati I have ever tasted. One of my favourite flavours is black cherry with its deep fruity punch swirled into the refreshing milky ice. Here is the Yarn Yard Blue Faced Leicester Roving plied and ready for setting. The way the dark and light pinks and shots of deep brown swirl together remind me of evenings strolling along the seafront, past Luna Park to the gelateria for sugary cones piled high with this glorious confection.


Tomorrow morning I fly to Italy for a week of exploring atmospheric ancient cities and relaxing in my friend's olive grove. My yarn will be coming with me - who knows what it will become but whatever that is will have a double dose of Italian sunshine knitted into it to bring home with me and take me through the turn of the year.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That is so pretty...

Adrienne said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!

kathryn said...

Lovely...

An olive grove sounds perfect for relaxing!

Lucy said...

I am totally envious! Enjoy your trip to Italy - that yarn is gorgeous and as for the gelato - I'll have to pay a visit to Melbourne sometime - I haven't been there for years! Happy Knitting!

HollyEQQ said...

That is gorgeous yarn and the color is fabu!
I wish I was going to Italy again. I hope you enjoyed yourself.
Holly