Sunday, 30 September 2007

Did you eat my knitting?


This portly cone has a confession to make. The Danish Nattrojer is now no more than a spare tyre around the midriff from whence it came. When I posted the project as a stuck work in progress the option to unravel was not in my thoughts. However, I have several good friends who are prepared to plant the unthinkable in a girl's mind. At first I felt quite crushed, but then it seemed the obvious thing to do. The pattern was frustrating me and whilst the fabric is lovely and wholesome it's not really meant for wearing against the skin. I'm sure the Interweave model was thrilled to take the thing off so that she could have a jolly good scratch...
I haven't abandoned the idea of this pattern altogether. I have some Knitpicks Gloss in a lovely chocolate brown that I bought to make another Thermal from Knitty but this might be a better use for it and the yarn is certainly next to the skin soft.
For now, this gansey wool will go back into the stash to return in a project that appreciates its virtues.

3 comments:

picperfic said...

eeek itchy wool!! Shame to unravel it but you know it was for the best! It is a gorgeously happy colour!

natalie said...

Ha!
I spy a counter in the sidebar....

n :o)

dragon knitter said...

just wanted to let you know t hat we at the lime & v iolet evil empire enjoyed seeing your sock patterns so much we posted on the chum about them! it's slated to go up at 6 am central time on wednesday. thank you!

www.limenviolet.com/blog