Thursday, 23 August 2007

Land of my sister

Just a quick post before I head off to Wales for the weekend. It's my nephew's 8th birthday so we are planning a weekend of fun and entertainment! There will, of course be knitting related activities - my niece and nephew regularly ask for hand knitted socks so there will be some serious foot measuring as they are growing so fast.

I have finished the first of the bracket fungus socks and am pretty pleased with the way it has turned out. I have started on the other one and will be writing up the pattern when I come back from Wales. If anyone would like to test knit I will be very grateful. I cannot guarantee my patterns will be error free, or that I can express myself on paper in the same way as I could if I was allowed to use my hands - I have renewed respect for pattern writers! Speaking of which, I have a small project which I am doing on commission so can't say much about it at this stage. I am using this lovely yarn to experiment with.


One of the lovely things that happened at Woolfest that I only remembered when a small packet dropped through the door is that I won a £25 voucher to spend at the Fyberspates stall. I was so overwhelmed with all the colours to choose between that I decided on a bit of delayed gratification and used the voucher to join Jeni's sock club. This is the August offering. I have to be honest, when I saw it in the skein I wasn't particularly excited but once it was wound into a ball and knitted up I really like it.It is 100% merino and quite heavy, but loosely spun so I have knitted it quite tightly on 2.5mm needles and find it very soft and squishy.


Anyway, must squeeze as many random balls of wool as possible into my bags before I go - if you see anyone on the train to Wales furiously knitting on a fungus green sock - that would be me!

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Very pretty! have a safe trip!

Hanne said...

I could make the Fungus socks ;) I like test knitting.

purl pirate said...

I'd be happy to test the fungus socks for you, they're lovely.

Iris G said...

Oh these little mushrooms look so delicious ;-). Soft and shy, simply pretty.

murdo said...

when you finish that pattern write-up I will be at the start of thre queue!!!!! Lovely socks!
Jackie