Wednesday, 18 July 2007

Of big adventures and derisory T de F content


It is unlikely that you will be burdened with any further news of my endless sock knitting until at least Monday as I am off to Oslo in Norway for a few days tonight. It will be the first time I have visited any Scandinavian country so I am really looking forward to it. Have I started packing yet? No. Will there be any room in my luggage for anything but shade cards and pattern books? Unlikely, especially as provision needs to be made for the possible purchase of a few balls of yarn..... Thankfully, my friend Elaine is as keen a knitter as I am so we will be very happy making the rounds of the wool shops thanks to the helpful advice and inspiration from Linda at Loop and coming back with the makings of Extraordinarily Complicated Jumpers which it will take some time to pluck up the courage to attempt but I'm sure we'll have fun trying.


And just to prove I am still taking my Tour De France obligations seriously I will be taking my entrelacs with me as my travel project and to break the spell of the second sock you can see I have started already. My, what progress I have made. I have, however, by the cunning ploy of reading the instructions for the Turkish cast on properly, made a much better job of this one than the first - let's hope my luck holds!

8 comments:

picperfic said...

oooh! Love the llok of that yarn on those four needles. Have a good time and I'm looking for ward to hearing how you got on!

organic-lizzi said...

I hope you will have a very nice time in Oslo.. Stupid that I am not here... Next time:-)

K. said...

Turkish cast on? I haven't heard of that. I will have to make the socks and learn it now, won't I? The first sock looks great, btw. Have a great trip, but leave room in the luggage to get your clothes home!

Kristen said...

Sock #1 came out beautifully! Good for you starting sock #2 already. Have fun in the Oslo wool shops!

Donna B said...

My, what a cunning ploy! I shall have to try that strategy sometime...

Needlewoman said...

Your first sock looks great! Good luck with the second.

Riggwelter said...

ooooH I haven't heard of a turkish cast on either, must have a look into that one.

Have a great trip.

Iris G said...

Dear Jane, it's great to hear that you had a great time in Norway! Please show us some photos when you come back to the blog ;-).