Monday, 25 June 2007

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.



Sunday was not a day for venturing forth into the weather so I spent a fair amount of it at my spinning wheel, watching the rain. Here we have the fruits of my labours - a nice warming skein of approximately 200m of a reasonably consistent, probably about 4ply weight. I love the way that the colours have blended. I am starting to prefer yarn dyed in the roving to that dyed in the skein although it might be the novelty of it but there is something about the subtlety of the shading that works for me. I have a little bit of singles and roving left in case I run out on the project I am planning.
I have in my mind to make a pair of the Rib and Cable Mitts from the Spring 2006 Interweave Knits. I have made a couple of pairs before in different yarns and have always found them really useful as you don't have to keep taking them on and off.
Of course my bobbin can't stay empty for long despite me declaring to a friend that I was clearing my bobbins for a post Woolfest roving extravaganza .I have just spun a few metres of some hand dyed Blue Faced Leicester - there will be pictures when there is something to see. Looks like I may need more bobbins...

5 comments:

Iris G said...

Your yarn is so beautiful--it's like looking through a kaleidoscope or walking into a candy shop! So warm and sweet.

littlelixie said...

Wowee. You're going from strength to strength. This is the most amazing yet (imho!)

natalie said...

That's a slippery slope, that is, more bobbins. It's like having more than one set of sock needles in Size 2. I have 6 bobbins, so I can store 2 singles from two different skeins and still have an empty one to ply them on to. I got my extras from Twistfibrecraft, my favourite spinning shop, and they were £6.20 each for Ashford ones. They'll be at Woolfest, so look out for them.
The yarn is wonderful, you have a real talent for this spinning lark.

organic-lizzi said...

Beautiful... :-)..very beautiful..
Much more to say,but my english is not good..

Dee said...

That looks lovely! I'm knitting socks with some handspun at the moment, and I love how 'alive' the yarn is.