Thursday, 26 April 2007


Ooh look! Another pair of socks. Zzzzzzzzzzz............... I think I'm boring myself. They are the source of some satisfaction, however as one sock has been living a solitary bachelor life for some time. Take that, second sock syndrome! For the record, this earthy yet urbane chap is Claudia Handpaint in a colour called Walk in the Woods. It is a great favourite of mine with all the sheen and plushiness of Koigu without the usual alarming colour conflagrations.

Apart from routine commuter socks I am very excited as I am currently working on something of a commission. This is a first for me but I didn't have to be asked twice to whip out my stitch dictionaries and play around with wool. I'm tolerably pleased with the retina scorching fruits of my labour but its early days yet.....

1 comment:

Iris G said...

Oh my dear, knitting on commission! Congratulations Jane, I wish you luck !