Thursday, 5 April 2007

I don't intend to use this blog to record every six inches of progress that I might make on my projects - I would be sure to bore myself rigid, let alone any hapless visitor who might pass by. I do, however want to highlight certain milestones. I have now finished the centre panel on the Melon Shawl and have started the knitted on border. I have to say it was like learning to use this challenging yarn all over again but I am making better progress now I have the general idea. This cunningly angled photograph disguises the fact that I have only managed about 7 inches so far. I rather wish I hadn't done the mental calculation that I have another 12 feet of it to go.... These short rows mean that it is difficult to relax into a rhythm but the way the border transforms the appearance of the shawl makes me want to press on.

1 comment:

littlelixie said...

Hello! Blog looks very elegant. I loved the story about the gansy. Have been missing you guys at GG but have had stuff come up every Wed since SkipNorth. Fingers crossed for next week.