Wednesday, 11 April 2007


I am now home from Easter with my family - we had great times. One of the things we try to do is to make sure the kids have as much fun as possible without huge quantities of chocolate being consumed by all and sundry! Last Easter I spent the five hour train journey making egg cosies with left over sock yarn so that I could give everyone a gift of an egg cup and cosy with, of course, a small chocolate egg hidden inside. Whilst the egg cups have seen good service I kind of expected the cosies to be a bit of a novelty and to go on one side afterwards... I was really pleased, however, when my sis told me that when my 7 year old nephew, G comes home from football training he is usually ravenously hungry and often cold so requires instant warm feeding. One of his favourite meals is boiled egg and soldiers so, in order for it to be ready when he comes in my sis puts it on the table in good time - complete with it's egg cosy!

No comments: